Thursday, August 1, 2013

How about some Huntington cards?

How about some cards now?  We all need cards & I like to have a variety on hand as I can always use a card & I don't want to bother going to the store & giving someone something made in China when I can create something beautiful right her in Canada with products proudly made in North America!

Here is the first card I made; I was inspired by Sheila's Stamping Stuff but I changed it up just a bit...I used up some of my scraps from the cardstock that was used in my layouts using our scalloped punch, I used a scrap of the B & T on the inside of the card, cut out some scalloped circles using the Art Philosophy Cartridge, the Bronze Shimmer Trim (did I mention that I love this trim?) & the sentiment is from the stamp set Always Grateful which is available in this new idea book...


This next card made me step outside my comfort zone...when I look at this paperpack, I only think of fall but I don't send out a lot of cards that are fall themed so to challenge myself, I went Christmas! I used only the cardstock & B & T from the paperpack, the Brown & Tan Assortment Sparkles, the colour ready ribbon, some scrap from the burlap ribbon for both the background of the tree & in the ribbon as well as the stamp sets from the WOTG (the design on the ribbon which I then purposely smudged to give a used look) & the stamp set To You & Yours...& oh yeah, I used the Art Philosophy Cartridge to cut out the triangles...


And finally, my last card...I LOVE this card!  I "made" my own B & T paper with random stamping an image from the To You & Yours stamp set in various pigment colours & each time I did, I would sponge that same colour randomly around to blur the image.  Then I cut out the flower in 5 different sizes with the Art Philosophy Cartridge again, hand drew on the "artwork" & then distressed the edges.  I also cut out the flowers with the same cartridge & did the same hand artwork.  I used a scrap from the trim on the B & T (you know, that part that lists the colours etc) & some scraps from tearing apart the burlap ribbon & then to finish it all off, a sparkle from the Brown & Tan Assortment...



So that's it for cards.  I will be back with my final post of my artwork & I think I have save the best for last!

Keep hopping along...

Tracy Holmes - Paper Craft Nut
Caroline Bredeson -Caroline's Creations
Diana Saunders-Farmer Di Stamps
Heather MacIsaac Hunt -Creative Coconut


Thanks for stopping by!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment